Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Welcome, China!

China works in mysterious ways. For whatever reason, my blog is now viewable in China. Once I realized it I e-mailed the url to some friends outside of Shanghai and they also confirmed that my blog is not blocked.

I also discovered that all blogs hosted by blogger (google) are now viewable here in Shanghai. I don't know what happened and how long this will last but I guess I will enjoy my wider reader ship while I can until the other shoe drops.

I don't know if it is a coincidence, but this past Monday 10/15 marked the beginning of the 17 th National Congress of the Communist Party of China. There has been daily sessions for the whole week where the leaders of the China give sort of a "State of the Communist Party" speeches. Also on the agenda will be future plans of the Party along with reshuffling of positions within the party. Don't know if the new political year marked a loosening of the media. Perhaps the fact that blogger.com is now viewable might be an indication. Then again let's wait and see what happens. I will be sure to give an update on this if things change.

No comments:

web designers guide page
Get a free hit counter here.